What are 7 stages of system development life cycle?All Detail with examples.
What is SDLC?
7 stages of system development life cycle.
Diagram of SDLC.
What is SDLC?
SDLC stand for Software Development Life-cycle. It is a systematic process to build software.This model ensures the high quality of software. This model consists of a details about plan, build, and maintain the software.Every phase of the SDLC play an important role in the development of software.
This model is differ from agile model,spiral mode,RAD model etc.The difference is just because of some phases and time.
7 stages of system development life cycle:
Following are 7 stages of system development life cycle that help to complete the SDLC. If any step is incomplete,software cause problem.
So every step is fully finish with all requirements.
- Requirement collection and analysis
- Feasibility study
Here, are prime reasons why 7 stages of system development life cycle is important for developing a software system.
- It offer some basis for project like plan, schedule, and estimating of cost.
- It also provides a framework and sets of activities.
- It help for project tracking and control
- This model increases the visibility of project planning.
- SDLC model enhance development speed of projects.
- Improved client relations
- This model helps you to decrease project risk.
Here,we are going to tell you detail material about 7 stages of system development life cycle.
The requirement analysis is the first stage of the SDLC model. It is conduct by the senior team members.In this team leader think about inputs etc.All the planning about cost,resources,time etc are done in this phase.
In this stage all the requirements of the system is collect.This is very important but precise.This help to final the deadline of project or system.So each and every thing is done in this phase or step.
When the requirement analysis phase is complete, the next step is feasibility.This step help to define all document software needs.
This process help to do something that are given below.
In this phase an important thing that is cost of software.In this phase or step we think about cost.
Is the project or system is legal or not which is going to build?
Is the functionality is possible or not,which customer is expecting?
There is need to check current system can support the software or not.
In this step we decide about the completion of new system.
The third phase of SDLC is design.In this phase software design and documents are prepare according software requirements. Design of system help to define architecture of the system.It provide input for the next phase.
Design are of two types.
- It provide detail description.
- It explain the name of each module.
- It provide an outline of the functions of every module.
- Interfaces dependencies and relationship between modules.
- Database tables and key with primary key are identifies.
- It show complete architecture diagrams of the system.
- It give us detail about technology to be use in the system.
- In this design functional logic of the modules are made.
- Size and type of database tables.
- It provide complete detail of the interface of the system/projects.
- Addresses all types of dependency issues
- It make list of error messages in the design of projects.
- It show complete input and outputs.
When the system design phase is complete, the next phase/step is coding. In this phase, actual coding of design is starts.Developers choose a language and start to change design into coding or programming.
All the coding is divide into many units or module.these modules further sent to other developers for coding.It is the longest and difficult phase of the SDLC model.All programming tools are use to read the coding,such as compiler, interpreters, debugger etc.
When coding is done the next step is testing.This play an important role in the functionality of system or projects.
The testing team test all the function of the software.The testing can be manual or automation testing.
Testing is done to verify the entire system works.
All the requirements should match with customer requirement.In this phase, QA and testing team is done to find some bugs/errors. The developer team fixes these bugs and send feedback for correctness.This process continues until all errors and bugs are remove from system.
After software testing phase is over the next step is installation.After testing installation of system is start.
After system installation is done the next step is maintenance.In this phase customers start to use the system.It give feedback about three things,that are given below.
If any bug is report because of some inputs should accurate in maintenance phase.
Upgrading of the application to the newer versions is also done in this phase.
Adding any new features into the existing system or project is also done in this phase.The main focus of SDLC model is to ensure that each and every thing is done according to user requirements.
You can also read about many other helping materials:
- WAN network?
- MAN network?
- System software and application software?
- Computer hardware?
- RAD Model?
- Agile Model?
- Computer network and its types?
Each and every thing about these topic are given in this website.