What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Input devices?
What is the input definition?
Examples of input devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of input devices.
What are the input devices?
An input device is a device that is used to send data to the computer allowing you to interact with it and control it. There is a number of input devices, but the two most commonly used are mouse and keyboard.
When you press any key from the keyboard or make any movement with the mouse, it sends a specific input signal to the computer. These commands allow you to perform many functions on your computer.
While most computers come with a mouse and keyboard, but there are many other input devices that are used to input the data or send information to the computer. Since the primary job of the computer is to get input first, process on the data and then provide output. So, computers are pretty useless without input devices. Input devices are a vital part of all the computers.
Some common types of input devices:
- punch and card reader
- Pen OR stylus
- Light pen
- Light gun
- Punch card reader
- Barcode reader
- Digital camera
- Barcode reader
- Biometric devices
Advantages and Disadvantages of input devices
Everything in the world has Advantages and Disadvantages. So here we are going to tell you about the Advantages and Disadvantages of input devices.
Advantages of input devices:
- These devices help to interact with the computer.
- input devices allow you to add new information to a computer.
- Input devices i.e. mouse and keyboard require very little training.
- Input devices are peripheral devices.
- These devices help in Providing data
- It also provides control signals while processing a piece of information in the system.
Disadvantages of input devices:
- Without Input devices, Computers are not able to receive information.
- Without Input devices, Computers remain useless.
- Wireless input devices have higher input delay than most wired devices.
- Input devices use up valuable desk space.
- Some input devices like mouse are difficult to use when there is no flat surface.
I hope you like the Advantages and Disadvantages of input devices in the article. You can also see more information about computers related information.
Click here to get jang jobs information. It will help you in making money.