What is an agile model? Where we use Agile Model.All detail with examples?
What is an agile model?
How It Works
Diagram of phases.
When to use an agile methodology?
Why use this Model?
Examples of Agile Methodology
Agile model advantages and disadvantages
What is an agile model?
Agile modeling (am) is a methodology for modeling and documenting software systems base on best practices. It is a collection of values and principles, that can be applied to an (agile) software development project.
This methodology is more flexible than traditional modeling methods, making it a better fit in a fast-changing environment. The agile development model is also a type of Incremental model. Software is developed in incremental, rapid cycles.
This results in small incremental releases with each release building on previous functionality. Each release is thoroughly tested to ensure software quality is maintained. It is used for time-critical applications. Extreme Programming (XP) is currently one of the most well known agile development life cycle model.
How It Works & agile model phases:
It works by first admitting that the old “waterfall” method of software development leaves a lot to be desired. The process of “plan, design, build, test, deliver,” works okay for making cars or buildings but not as well for creating software systems.
In a business environment where hardware, demand, and competition are all swiftly-changing variables, agile works by walking the fine line between too much process and not enough.
When to use an Agile methodology:
- When new changes are needed to be implemented.
- The freedom agile gives to change is very important.
- New changes can be implements at very little cost because of the frequency of new increments that are produced.
- To implement a new feature the developers need to lose only the work of a few days, or even only hours, to roll back and implement it.
- Unlike the waterfall model in an agile model very limited planning is required to get started with the project.
- The agile methodology assumes that the end-users’ needs are ever-changing in a dynamic business and IT world.
- Changes can be discussed and features can be newly effect or remove the base on feedback.
- This effectively gives the customer the finishing system they want or need.
- Both system developers and stakeholders alike find they also get more freedom of time and options.
Examples of Agile Methodology:
The most popular and common examples use as an agile methodology in the system development process.
- Extreme Programming (XP).
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM).
- Adaptive Software Development (ASD).
- Lean Software Development (LSD).
Teams generally pick one or two methods. The most widely used methodologies are Scrum and XP.
Agile model advantages and disadvantages:
Everything has advantages and disadvantages, the same is the case with agile methodology. So you can study full detail about this model.
Advantages of Agile methodology:
The following are some advantages of the model. It helps you so much.
- Time to time customer satisfaction, when continuous delivery of useful software.
- People and interactions are emphasized rather than processes and tools.
- Customers, developers, and testers constantly interact with each other.
- Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months).
- A face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication.
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
- Even late changes in requirements are welcome.
Disadvantages of the Agile model:
We are providing in the paragraph. I hope you like it.
In the case of some software deliverables, especially the large ones, it is difficult to change requirements. There is a lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation.
The project can easily get taken off track if the customer representative is not clear what final outcome that they want. Only senior programmers are capable of taking the kind of decisions requires during the development process. No place for new programmers unless combine with experience resources.
You can also study the advantages and disadvantages below topics: