What is Automation Testing? Types of Automation testing.
What is software testing?
Types of software testing?
Advantages of testing
Test case to automate
Scope of automation
Framework of automation
Types of automation
What is Software testing?
Software testing is the investigation of given results, which is compared with the original results. Software testing help to check the quality of the project. It can also an objective, independent view of the project for the betterness of the business. It decreases the risks of software implementation for failure.
These techniques include the execution of a program to find bugs, errors or other defects in projects. It helps in verifying the software working before customer use. Software testing check, whether the project meets the requirements or not.
There are two types of testing.
- Manual testing
- Automation testing
But we study about automated testing today, As the detail of automation testing is given below.
Some testing is performed, when a human sits in front of a computer carefully and does the testing steps. This type of testing is manual testing. We are here to study about automation testing. Such types of testing in which all testing is done by using an automation tool to execute your test case suite. This type of testing is known as automation testing.
There is no need for a human interruption during testing. We need to set the goal of testing and all requirements.
In automation testing, we do again and again testing for the sure of results.
Advantages of Automation testing:
- It is difficult to test all aspects of manual testing.
- Automated testing does not require Human help.
- It increases the speed of testing for execution.
- It helps to increase Test Coverage.
- It removes all kinds of errors.
- This testing is faster than manual testing.
- It covers wider test coverage of the application.
- It is reliable in the final results.
- It ensures consistency of project testing.
- It saves time and money.
- It improves the accuracy of the system.
- It increases the efficiency of the system.
- We can test again and again in automation testing.
Types of Automation testing:
The following are some types of testing automation.
- Smoke Testing
- Black Box Testing
- Unit Testing
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing
- Regression Testing
- Data Driven Testing
- Keyword Testing
Test Cases to Automate:
- Test cases that help in automation testing.
- Use High Risk – Business Critical test cases.
- Use Test cases that are repeatedly executed.
- Use Test Cases that are very difficult to perform manually
- Such Test Cases which are less time-consuming.
Do not use newly design Test Cases that are not executed manually at least one time.
Automated Testing Process:
The following are some steps for the Automated Testing Process.
Test tool selection:
Selection plays an important role in automation testing. As QTP does not support Informaticaso do not use QTP for Informaticaso application.
Scope of Automation:
The scope of automation is very necessary. The following are very helpful in the scope of automation.
Functions of testing applications
Check all Planning, Design, and Development of testing.
The complexity of test cases
Framework for Automation:
- Use minimum code
- Improving the test structure.
- There should be less maintenance of code
- The training period for the tool’s use.
Types of Framework Automation:
- Data Driven Automation Framework
- Keyword Driven Automation Framework
- Modular Automation Framework
- Hybrid Automation Framework
Selection of Automation tools:
- QTP (MicroFocus UFT)
Read about what is software testing?