What is Incremental model?Advantages and Disadvantages of Incremental Model.
- Incremental model
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- When to use
- Some other model name and link
What is Incremental model?
Such a type of model in which all requirements of system or project are divides into different modules.Incremental model is same like RAD Model, agile model etc.Every module perform special task.
Following are steps for each module:
Each module produce working version of project or system.All working will continue until to achieve our goal.As you can see in above diagram.Each module produce working piece.In this way many pieces are made until we get our final piece or system.
When first iteration will complete we release the first iteration or module or piece.In this many other iteration or piece are release.Final we stop working on system or piece,when it look like our require project.When each module piece or iteration will ready we handover to customer.
Advantages of Incremental model:
Advantages play an important role in scope of any model.
- Generates working software quickly.
- Working system is produce for user or customer in early time.
- Less costly.
- More flexible.
- Easily changes in requirements at any time.
- Easy to debug.
- Customer remain in touch with developer.
- Very low initial cost.
- Easy manageable with high risk.
Disadvantages of Incremental model:
Following are some disadvantages of this model:
- Needs of good planning
- Needs of good and perfect design.
- All requirement must clear on initial stage.
- Overall system cost is too high than waterfall.
When to use the Incremental model:
Here are some requirements where you can use this model.
- We can use when the requirements of projects are completely define and understood.
- All major requirements with detail should define.
- New technology is used in system.
- Resources with needed skill set are not available
- There are some high risk features and goals.
Any other information about any topic of computer ,comment your requirements.