What is a projector? Advantages and disadvantages of projectors?
What is a projector?
How projectors are being used today?
Advantages of projector?
Disadvantages of projector?
Guidelines before using a projector?
What is a projector?
Does one question arises what is a projector? A projector is an output device. It takes images that are generated by the computer or blue-ray player and then reproduces these images by projection onto a screen, wall, or any other surface. Projectors can produce still (slides) or moving images(video). The size of a projector is similar to the size of a toaster and weighs only a few pounds.
A projector comes in different shapes and sizes. Commonly they are about a foot long and wide a few inches tall. Generally, projectors are portable. They can be used wherever there is a bright surface. Most projectors also have multiple output sources like HDMI ports for newer equipment, VGA ports for older devices and some projectors support Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well.
What is a projector Uses:
There is a list of all the different ways projectors can be used today:
- It can be projected to a PowerPoint presentation at a business meeting.
- It can be projected onto a computer screen to teach in school.
- It can be projected onto a TV
- It also uses a computer for a movie on a big screen.
Advantages and disadvantages of Projector:
In the previous post, we study about types of topology, Rad model. We may read about 7 stages of system development life cycle. Now we study the advantages and disadvantages of projector
Advantages of projectors:
- It is easy to set up.
- No technical training is needed.
- You can understand the use of projectors.
- It is a low cost.
- It is space-saving.
- Largest possible view generator.
- suitable for large and small audiences.
- you don’t have to show your back to the audience.
- slides set and projectors are easy to carry.
- preparation of slides is very easy and not so expensive
Disadvantages of projectors:
- A blown bulb can spoil all your hard work.
- A power failure can also destroy all your hard work.
- Image quality can be a problem.
- To use a projector darkening of the room is necessary.
- The amount of information in one slide is limited.
- The overhead projectors may be costly for some.
- Moving it around needs much care.
- It can heat up when used for a long period of time.
- when over-heated, transparencies can be damaged.
Guidelines before using projectors:
- Make sure the projectors are available and it is working when needed.
- Organize transparencies according to proper sequence.
- Use pointer to point out important details.
- Check the location/position of the projector.
- Turn the projectors off when changing transparencies.
Besides what is a projector? You can also read more about given below topics: