What is the Internet? Uses of the internet
What is the Internet?
What is the Internet protocol?
Advantages of the internet
Disadvantages of the internet
What is the Internet – Simple definition
The Internet is a global computer network. It provides a variety of information. It also provides communication facilities which consist of interconnected networks using standardized communication protocols.
The internet is sometimes is called “Net”. It is a worldwide system of computer networks. The computer network can be defined as a network of networks in which users at any one computer can get information from any other computer.
What is the Internet mean?
The internet is a globally connected network system. It uses TCP/IP to transmit data using different types of media. This is also known as a network of global exchanges. These networks may include private, public, academic, business and government networks. They are connected by guided media, wireless media and fiber optic technologies.
The word www (World Wide Web) and the internet are used interchangeably. But we cannot say that they are exactly the same. As the internet is a global communication system. World Wide Web is one of the services communicated over the internet.
IP: Internet protocol
IP is the primary component of the internet and it’s a communication backbone. This is consists of software and hardware layers. IP communication standard is used in addressing the schemes. It identifies unique connected devices.
The versions of IP are:
- Internet protocol version 4 (IPV4)
- Internet protocol version 6 (IPV6)
The internet is a worldwide communication method. The following services are instantly available:
- Online movies
- Online gaming
- Web-enabled audio conferencing services
- Web-enabled video conferencing services
- Internet forums
- Instant messaging
- Online shopping
- Social network
- Financial services
- Data transfer
- File sharing
To read more click below:
what is the Internet?
Uses of the internet: everyday internet impact
The use of interne depends on our desires and goals. We spend most of our time on the web. If we use the internet in a positive way, it makes our lives very simple and easy.
Some examples of uses of the internet in our daily life are given below.
- The Internet is used in student daily life.
- It is used to increase the speed of our daily tasks.
- It is used for business promotions and innovations.
- It is useful for shopping in our daily life.
- It is used in research and development.
- The use of the internet provides very quick and free communication.
- The Internet is used in money management.
- It is used in everyday politics.
- It helps in teaching and sharing knowledge with others.
- We can solve the problems of others by using the internet. Or by connecting with them through the internet.
- The Internet is used in a cashless economy.
- The net is used in environmental development.
- It is used to access government policies and schemes easily.
- The internet is an invention engine.
Advantages of the internet:
- An Internet connection allows worldwide access.
- We can communicate with others worldwide.
- We can connect with people or computers worldwide.
- We can get any type of information from the net.
- The information on the net is growing rapidly every day.
- Various types of works, public servers are available.
- Electronic mail helps to interact with other users from around the world.
- We can access information from the net at any time.
- Information is accessed in seconds.
- It is easy to use.
Disadvantages of the internet:
- There are threats to the virus.
- There are threats of pornography.
- There are threats of fraud.
- There are threats of getting the wrong information.
As you read “What is the Internet?”.You can read more like the links below.