What is UML Diagram? Advantages and Disadvantages.
What is UML?
Types of UML diagram?
Advantages of UML?
Disadvantages of UML?
What is UML?
What is UML? This question arises in mind. UML (Unified modeling language) stands for unified modeling language. UML (Unified modeling language) is not a programming language. UML is also not any of the software development processes. It can be said that UML is a visual language. UML is a general-purpose modeling language.
The main aim of UML is to provide a way to visualize the system that has been designed. UML (Unified modeling language) is a standardized modeling language. It consists of an integrated set of diagrams. It is developed to help the software developers to specify, visualize, construct, and document the artifacts of a software system.
UML is also useful for business modeling and other non-software systems. UML (Unified modeling language) is an important part when developing an object-oriented software and the software development process. Graphic notations are used by the UML to express the design of a software project.
When using UML, the project teams can communicate, they can explore potential designs, and they can also validate the architectural design of the software.
There are many other topics that will help you to complete these topics more efficient.
In this website read about: communication diagram, state diagram with examples, the timing diagram etc. You can visit the website easily
The UML diagram is based on UML (Unified modeling language). Its purpose is to give a visual representation of a system along with its main actors, roles, classes or artifacts. Its purpose id also to give a better understanding to the developers so that they can alter, maintain and document the information about the system.
Types of UML diagrams:
There are two most broad categories that encompass all the other types:
- Behavioral Diagram:
It describes the behavior of the system. Behavioral diagrams further include the following diagrams given below.
- Activity Diagram
- Sequence diagram
- Use case diagram
- State diagram
- Communication diagram
- Interaction overview diagram
- Timing diagram
- Structural Diagram:
Analyzes and depicts the structure of a system or process.
- Class diagram
- Package diagram
- Object Diagram
- Component diagram
- Composite structure diagram
- Deployment diagram
What is UML Diagram’s Advantages:
- UML is a standardized modelling language.
- Its rules/ syntax and semantics are easy to follow.
- Diagrams created by one company can be understood by some other company easily.
- UML is an effective form of modeling difficult and complex software.
- UML can be used to model any type of application.
- UML is simpler to learn for developers.
- UML has advanced features.
- UML can specify systems
- UML can manage complexity easily.
Disadvantages of UML:
- UML takes much time to keep the diagram reasonable.
- UML takes a lot of time to synchronize the diagram with the actual code.
- Every condition cannot be represented by sequence diagrams.
- To learn UML masterly takes time.
- UML software of good quality is expensive.
- UML is poor for the distributed systems.
- UML has no specifications for modeling of the graphical user interface.
- UML is not executable.
- UML has unclear semantics.
- UML has a low capability of designing SOA.
As you read about “What is UML Diagram”.You can also read many other topics.