What is RAD Model?Advantages and disadvantages of RAD Model.
What is rapid application development model?
Phases RAD model.
- Business modeling
- Data modeling
- Process modeling
- Application generation
- Testing and turnover
When to use RAD Methodology
Advantages of the rapid application development model.
Disadvantages of the rapid application development model.
What is RAD model?
RAD model stand for Rapid Application Development model. It is a type of incremental model.In this model the components or functions are develop in parallel as if they were mini projects.
Phases in the rapid application development (RAD) model are:
All the information flow is identify between various business functions.
All Information is collect from business modeling.Then it is further use to define data objects.Which need for the business.
All Data objects are defines in data modeling which are to convert to achieve the business information flow to achieve some specific business objective.Description are identify and creates for CRUD of data objects.
Many Automate tools are use for conversion of models into code and the actual system.
Testing and turnover:
Test new components and all the interfaces.
When to use RAD Methodology?
Following are the uses of RAD model:
- When a system needs to be produced in a short span of time (2-3 months)
- When the requirements are known
- When the user will be involved all through the life cycle
- When technical risk is less
- When there is a necessity to create a system that can be modularise in 2-3 months of time
- When a budget is high enough to afford designers for modeling along with the cost of automated tools for code generation
Advantages of the RAD model:
- Reduce development time.
- Increases re-usability of components
- Quick initial reviews occur
- Encourages customer feedback
- Integration from very beginning solves a lot of integration issues.
Disadvantages of RAD model:
- Need strong team and individual performances for identifying business requirements.
- Only system that can be modulate can be built using RAD
- Requires highly skill developers/designers.
- High dependency on modeling skills
- Inapplicable to cheaper projects as cost of modeling and automate code generation is very high.
You can understand idea of rad model in this video.This video provide you all the basic understanding method for rapid application model.
You can also read about: