What is RAD Model?Advantages and disadvantages of RAD Model.
What is the rapid application development model?
Phases RAD model.
- Business modeling(rapid application development model)
- Data modeling(rapid application development model)
- Process modeling(rapid application development model)
- Application generation(rapid application development model)
- Testing and turnover(rapid application development model)
When to use RAD Methodology
Advantages of the rapid application development model.
Disadvantages of the rapid application development model.
How to use rapid application development model.
What is RAD model?
RAD stands for the Rapid Application Development model. It is a type of incremental model. In this model, the components or functions are developed in parallel as if they were mini-projects.
Phases in the rapid application development (RAD) model are:
All the information flow is identified between various business functions.
All Information is collected from business modeling. Then it is further used to define data objects. Which need for the business.
All Data objects are defines in data modeling which are to convert to achieve the business information flow to achieve some specific business objective. A description is identifying and creates for the CRUD of data objects.
Many Automate tools are used for the conversion of models into code and the actual system.
Testing and turnover:
Test new components and all the interfaces.
Diagram of phases of rapid application model:
When to use rapid application development Methodology?
There are some situations .you can use it here. So following are the uses of the rapid application model:
- When a system needs to be produced in a short span of time (2-3 months)
- When the requirements are known
- When the user will be involved all through the life cycle
- When the technical risk is less
- When there is a necessity to create a system that can be modularised in 2-3 months of time
- When a budget is high enough to afford designers for modeling along with the cost of automated tools for code generation
Advantages of the RAD model:
Everything can give you benefits. It’s upto you. Some of the advantages of the rapid application model are here.
- Reduce development time.
- Increases reusability of components
- Quick initial reviews occur
- Encourages customer feedback
- Integration from the very beginning solves a lot of integration issues.
- use less time
- Easy to build
Disadvantages of RAD model:
Some of the disadvantages of the rapid application model are here.
- Need strong team and individual performances for identifying business requirements.
- The only system that can be modulated can be built using RAD
- It requires highly skilled developers/designers.
- High dependency on modeling skills
- Less time can cause a problem
- Inapplicable to cheaper projects as the cost of modeling and automate code generation is very high.
- Late in project cause drawbacks of developer
You can understand the idea of a rapid application model in this video. This video provides you all the basic understanding method for rapid application model.
There are many other models in this website. Name of some are given below
- What are the 7 stages of the SDLC model?
- What is an agile model? Working on an agile model.
- What is the Spiral Model? Advantages of the Spiral model.
- What is the XP model?
- Who is a Scrum master?
- What is the waterfall model? Where to use the waterfall model.
- When to use an iterative model?
- Advantages and diadvantages of iterative model.
- What are types of topology with examples.
These are some important topics for you. You need to visit model category
As you read about the rapid application model here. You can also read about: